Parents and students:
As the new school year approaches there are several items that we would like to share with you. While we are still figuring out what school will look like the staff at Mineral County High School and Hawthorne Jr. High Schoolhouse are excited for students to return but also be safe.
- School begins on Monday, August 31st. Originally school was scheduled to begin on August 24th, instead we are giving the teachers time for training on Google Classroom.
- If you bring your child to school we ask that you do not enter the building, we are trying to limit the number of individuals in the building to only students and staff.
- Parents should check their child’s temperature each day before sending them to school, if possible, keep your child home if they are sick. Screenings will be done each day before students can enter the buildings.
- Please plan ahead and make sure your child has everything they need each day.
- Students should not share pens/pencils and other materials while in school.
- Lockers will not be issued at this time. Students will need to have a backpack.
- Water bottles – students should bring their own water bottles each day.
- Supplies – enclosed is a list of supplies that your child will need for the 1st day of school. Teachers will notify students if additional supplies are needed.
- Masks – as per the Nevada Governor and the re-opening plan face coverings are mandatory.
- Schedules – we hope to have student schedules out soon.
- Student handbooks – we are working on the best way to get them distributed and returned.
- School Tours – if you would like to tour the school before August 31st please call one of the numbers listed below to schedule a time.
- School Start time – tentative start time is 8:00 am
- Release time – Jr. High 3:25, high school 3:40, Monday – Thursday
- There will be no extracurricular activities (class meetings, assemblies, tutoring etc.) at this time per the re-opening plan.
Please check the Mineral County School District website for more information as it becomes available, http://www.mineral.k12.nv.us/pages/MCHS. Keep in mind that plans and procedures are continually changing as we go through this school year. We ask for your patience and understanding. If you have any questions please do not hesitate to call the office at (775) 945-3332 x10 or the attendance office at x12.
Staff Members of Mineral County High School and Hawthorne Jr. High Schoolhouse