Mineral County School District values the many families that live in our community who have ties to the military. As a school district, we understand that military youth go through unique circumstances and situations and we want every military family to know we are here to help. This webpage is designed to provide you with easy access links to helpful resources within our community. In addition, the staff in each of our schools are prepared to assist military youth and their families, so please do not hesitate to reach out to your school counselor or the school’s veteran Point of Contact (POC) for additional assistance.
Here are some additional resources to assist Military Families as they transition to Hawthorne, Nevada
- Student ambassadors will welcome new/military students as they transition to our school.
- May – Armed Forces Day. Celebrating our Military families in the community in addition to school-wide events.
- Weekly community and school events i.e. parade, pageants, fireworks, food and fun.
- Military Family Appreciation Night.
- Specialized website postings for additional resources for students and families.
Grand Old Flag
Home Means Nevada
Proud to be an American
Thank You for Your Service
Purple Star District